Friday, October 29, 2010

Ireland

I have realized that I haven't posted on my blog in weeks! It is very hard to find time. So much has happened since my last post! Last month we went on a mission trip to Dublin, Ireland. We went to help with the first ever Calvary Chapel Conference in Ireland. It was a privilege to be apart of. 






Ireland has always been a place I wanted to visit, but our time there was limited and we really didn't get any time to see Dublin. Even though we would have liked to see Dublin, I still feel like I was able to experience Ireland. The Conference was held in a manor that was over 250 years old. I felt like I just walked into Pride and Prejudice. 






We were there to work but we did have lots of fun! We were able to meet so many awesome people. Probably the craziest thing that happened was when the people from the conference pulled out their bag pipes and fiddles and a ceili broke out. (A ceili is an Irish dance, where they are all in a circle and spinning around and clap their hands) I thought to myself, "This would be crazy to miss!" So I stood in the back and watched. However this was not a bright idea, after a few minutes I found myself being physically carried into the crowd. Although my face was probably as red as a tomato, it was a lot of fun. I wish I had pictures of everyone dancing but it was all kinda crazy I didn't find a moment to grab my camera. 
                I am Irish by the way, and I guess that it is true when they talk about the luck of the Irish. 


I will post in a day or so to try and catch up. It might take me a few days but I will make a sincere effort.

1 comment:

  1. Jaime,
    This is such a great post! Ireland looks amazing and I'm so happy you got to visit there! The manor looks just like you stepped back in time! I especially like your four leaf clover!!! ;)
    Blessings,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete