Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Retreat!

I know what you are thinking... I'm already in a beautiful place right on the water and I'm living in Europe and having a crazy time..but yes we still went on retreat. Out of everything that I've done so far, retreat has to be one of my favorite experiences since I've been in Europe!
Our trip started early around 6am to packed up the cars and drive to the other side of the island. It was about an hour and a half to drive, then a two hour hike to get to the house. When we started the hike it was EXTREMELY windy and the wave were huge! But it was all worth it to come to our own little house.

The house is not near anything so we pretty much had out own private beach!!



The house also did not have any electricity so at night we would all hang out around the fire. It was a great way to bond with everyone.



One of the biggest highlights was the food that we ate. One of the students just happens to be a chef so we had some incredible meals!


Other activities we did were a volleyball tournament, playing cards, hiking, swimming, and playing man hunt!




I also had the privilege to spend my birthday during this trip. Who could ask for a better birthday on a their own private beach with all their friends. It was certainly a birthday I don't think I will ever forget.

They wrote Happy Birthday Jaime in rocks on the beach!!

There was no city near us so at night we were able to see more stars than I have in a very long time! We saw a couple small shooting stars, then I decided to say a little prayer. I prayed for a big shooting star to go across the entire sky. Maybe about 20 seconds after I prayed, a star shot horizontally across the sky. Even though it was a small thing, it was a great way to be reminded that God hears us when we pray and cares about the little things in our lives.
The hike back was much more pleasant because the weather was so nice. The water was crystal clear! I only wish that I could go back.



1 comment:

  1. It looks so beautiful there! I'm so glad you were able to celebrate your birthday at the retreat, even though we missed celebrating it with you. We really miss you and are looking forward to when you come home!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete